Sykes Holiday Cottages is the UK’s leading and fastest-growing independent holiday cottage rental agency with over 25 years’ experience in the business. Based in Chester, they offer a fantastic choice of holiday homes across the UK, Ireland and New Zealand – from cosy cottages for two to larger properties that sleep 20 or more.
Founded in 1991 by Clive Sykes, the business has nearly 25 years’ experience in matching customers to their perfect holiday home. At the time of Livingbridge’s investment in January 2015, Sykes managed 5,000 properties in the UK and Ireland and generated £17m revenue. By 2019 the business manages over 17,500 properties with sales of £68m*, having delivered market leading organic growth and completed 12 acquisitions underpinned by a highly effective digital transformation strategy.
Building the best
- Best large UK holiday cottage booking company 2016 – British Travel Awards
- Recognised at the Northern Tech Awards as one of the fastest-growing tech-based companies in the country 2017
- Named as one of the top 1000 firms to inspire Europe 2017
- Finalist at The Amazon Growing Business Awards 2018
- Recognised in GP Bullhound’s ‘Northern Tech Awards Top 100 Companies’ 2018
- Large Management Team of the Year at the National BVCA Management Team Awards 2019
We reinvested in Sykes as a minority shareholder in 2020, enabling us to continue to support Sykes and its management team as it embarks on the next stage of growth.
Sykes Holiday Cottages is a fantastic business and we are delighted to have supported its development and growth… Sykes has succeeded in driving the use of digital technology to deliver outstanding service to property owners and customers.
Investment team, Livingbridge
We’ve transformed the business within the last five years with the unwavering support from the Livingbridge team, and we are now in a strong position to scale further in what is a booming staycation market. Investing in our people, our service and technology platform will help us attract more holidaymakers and property owners, as well as helping us to continue our acquisition plans both in the UK and overseas.
Chief Executive, Sykes Holiday Cottages