Enterprise Finance is one of the UK’s largest brokers and lenders of short-term property loans. When Livingbridge invested, Enterprise had sourced and managed just under £1bn of secured loans, bridging finance and commercial mortgages and there was an identified opportunity to create a dominant force in the distribution and structuring of secured loans with the business also in a position to develop its own loan book in an expanding market.
Over the last three years we have invested in infrastructure and people and it is very pleasing to see the return of that investment. The partnership with Livingbridge has been very rewarding and their support has allowed the business to grow five-fold in just 3 years.
CEO, Enterprise Finance
- The investment by Livingbridge helped the business as it expanded on its product offering and increased its share in a growing market. Follow on investment in 2014 funded the acquisition of West One Loan Limited, a facilitator of bridging loans funded by high net worth investors. The acquisition of West One increased the value of loan assets under the group’s control, diversified its funding sources and added to its lead generation capability.
- At time of acquisition, Xavier Woodward from Livingbridge said, “The addition of West One brings scale and lending experience to the group. This further enhances Enterprise’s ability to deliver appropriate bridging solutions quickly to its introducing brokers and ultimate borrowers.
- Our head of talent helped the business shape a new hiring strategy in the sales function. This involved identifying high potential individuals from other sectors earlier in their careers and developing a training and engagement strategy to help them maximise their potential.
- Our IT operating partner helped move Enterprise Finance away from old legacy technology to a new investor portal that matched the company’s needs.
- In 2016, following five-fold growth in three years, we sold the majority of our stake in ENRA to another private equity firm.