The popular fundraising challenge, sponsored by Livingbridge, will take place on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 September, raising vital funds for Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
The daring abseilers will descend 160 feet from the top of St Thomas’ Hospital in the heart of London, with soaring views of the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye.
Each abseiler will be aiming to fundraise at least £300 for Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity, with every penny helping to fund expert care, specialist equipment, groundbreaking research, and wellbeing support for NHS staff, and enabling Guy’s and St Thomas’ to go that bit further, beyond what the NHS can provide.
Avey Bhatia, Chief Nurse at Guy’s and St Thomas, will be one of around 400 abseilers taking the plunge as part of the two-day event – including over 200 NHS staff from across the Trust.
She said: “I’m delighted that this exciting event is returning to St Thomas’ Hospital this September, giving our hardworking teams and incredible supporters the chance to take on a memorable challenge together – and all to help support the dedicated staff and exceptional care at Guy’s and St Thomas’.
“All the money raised will go directly back into our services, ensuring that we can continue to provide world-class care for our patients in an environment that they deserve.”
The event is sponsored by Livingbridge, a private equity firm headquartered in London. As part of a three-year partnership with Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity, Livingbridge are supporting a comprehensive wellbeing package for the tireless, dedicated staff at Guy’s and St Thomas’ – one of the broadest staff health and wellbeing programmes in the NHS.
Wol Kolade, Managing Partner at Livingbridge and former chairman of Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity says:
“We’re so proud to support the St Thomas’ Abseil for another year. Guy’s and St Thomas’ is close to our hearts at Livingbridge, and we’re really looking forward to taking a team down to take part in this year’s event.”
To find out more about the abseil or to sign up to take part, please visit the Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity website: www.gsttcharity.org.uk/abseil
Notes to editors:
1. Contact: Laura Higgs, Communications Manager – Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity tel: 07906952389 or e-mail: email@example.com.
2. We’re the Charity that supports the incredible NHS staff and exceptional healthcare provided by Guy’s and St Thomas’. Thanks to our generous supporters, we help Guy’s and St Thomas’ develop world-leading innovations in healthcare and medical breakthroughs that transform patients’ lives. www.gsttcharity.org.uk
3. We’re a family of three charities, all committed to supporting everyone at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. We work alongside Guy’s Cancer Charity and Evelina London Children’s Charity.
4. Livingbridge is a mid-market private equity firm with offices in the UK, the US and Australia, investing in fast growing companies valued up to £300m. Our team have been backing growing businesses together for twenty years. We’ve done it over a hundred times, turning many into household names both at home and abroad. We get growth.
We understand the people behind growing companies in consumer markets; healthcare and education; technology, media and telecommunications; financial services and business services, and help them achieve what’s right for them and their business.
5. Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust provides 2.9 million patient contacts in acute and specialist hospital services and community services every year. The Trust includes Guy’s Hospital, St Thomas’ Hospital, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, Royal Brompton Hospital, Harefield Hospital, and adult and children’s community services in Lambeth and Southwark. As one of the biggest NHS trusts in the UK, with an annual turnover of £2.1 billion, it employs around 22,000 staff. www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk