Key Travel is the leading travel management company dedicated to serving the travel requirements of the not-for-profit, academic and faith sectors – with clients and offices in the UK (Manchester, London, Liverpool and Edinburgh), Europe and the US. Key Travel provides airline tickets, hotels, rail tickets, visas and risk management services to clients including charities such as Oxfam and Save the Children and universities including Bristol, Cambridge and Liverpool.
Travelling together into the US and beyond
- Livingbridge’s investment enabled the MBO of the business, and is supporting the business as it grows its presence in the UK academic market, continues its penetration of the UK charity market and retains its status as market leader in this field.
- The investment also supported the company to accelerate its growth in the US, following its acquisition of US-based World Travel Management in 2010. In 2016 the business acquired OT&T Travel Management Inc.
- Following our investment, a new UK MD was appointed bringing a wealth of operational experience across travel, FMCG and leisure sectors. We also helped to appoint a finance director, a marketing director, a chairman, and a CTO, all new roles in the business.
- New offices were opened in Newcastle and the Netherlands, and Key Travel launched a new website and mobile app, with an online booking tool launched following 18 months of in-house development.
- In 2018 Key Travel was sold to another private equity house, generating a 3.2x gross multiple.
“We considered a number of investment proposals, but chose to partner with Livingbridge because they had a genuine affinity with our business, and the sector we serve. Livingbridge brings a wealth of strategic expertise and knowledge having already completed similar investments in both travel and non-profit sector support businesses, and we are all eager to mobilise our future plans with them by our side.”
Spence Knudson, CEO
Business founded by Ajaya Sodha, past chairman of the Guild of Travel Management Companies (GTMC)
Key Travel acquires US-based World Travel Management
New website and mobile app launched
New UK MD appointed
Offices opened in Newcastle and the Netherlands
New online booking tool launched, following 18 months of in-house development
Acquisition of OT&T Travel Management Inc
Successful sale to another private equity house