Inov-8 is a global performance sportswear brand primarily focused on technical off-road running, functional fitness and minimalist road running products.
The unique design philosophy around inov-8 products keeps the foot close to the ground when performing so that athletes can feel and adapt to the terrain beneath them allowing for improved performance.
Hitting the ground running with rapid international growth
- We helped inov-8 put in place the support for significant international growth. At the time of investment, founder Wayne Edy commented, “Their expertise in working with dynamic, rapidly growing young businesses will be invaluable to the management team as we scale up our operations to meet growing international customer demand.”
- From investment to point of exit, the business doubled in size, entered new markets and launched a successful clothing range.
- Livingbridge helped broaden the management team as the business scaled, introducing a chief financial officer, a chief executive officer and a new head of IT to oversee the upgrade and ongoing development of the IT platform.
- Inov-8 won numerous awards for product innovation including four ISPO awards in 2015 in performance footwear, base-layer and outer-layer categories.
- Inov-8 was sold in 2015 to Descente, a leading Japanese sportswear maker with an 80-year history of craftsmanship and technological excellence.
“The investment by Livingbridge in 2012 was a real catalyst for the business strategically and operationally. Livingbridge’s track record and know-how in working with businesses at our stage of development have been invaluable.”
Gordon Baird, CEO
inov-8 founded by Wayne Edy when he designed the first in a line of award-winning off-road running shoes, the mudroc 290
The mudroc 290 gained widespread acclaim in the mountain running community when Melissa Moon won the 2003 World Mounting Running Association trophy wearing a pair borrowed from a British friend
Brand begins developing products for the fast growing US functional fitness markets after it became clear that some off-road products were being adapted for different uses
Livingbridge invest in inov-8
Inov-8 wins four ISPO awards
Inov-8 is sold to Japanese sportswear maker, Descente