Founded in 1994, Catalyst Development (Catalyst) provides regulatory-driven change, organisational improvement and talent development programmes to global financial markets companies.
Catalyst has worked with more than 70 clients in over 30 financial centres worldwide, including nine out of the world’s top 12 investment banks, and has mentored more than 250 of the most senior figures in financial markets.
Catalyst also delivers global programmes for Enterprise Engineers with around 2,500 alumni worldwide. This supports major banks and leading industry bodies as they develop a global standard for top talent, backing increased demand from the banking sector to attract and retain skilled staff in an increasingly digital world.
Catalyst is a proud holder of one of the UK’s highest business accolades, The Queen’s Award for Enterprise, in recognition of the firm’s global impact.
Catapulting Catalyst's global growth:
- We invested in 2017 to support Catalyst as they address the market’s escalating requirements for ‘specialism at scale’ following increased post-financial crisis regulatory change and demand for programmes of transformational change within the sector. Our investment is helping Catalyst to grow its client base by accelerating its service development, expanding its talent development and acquisition strategy and strengthening its infrastructure.
- Following our investment, we worked with Catalyst to develop a corporate development strategy. In 2018, Catalyst acquired Knadel, a market-leading investment management consultancy. This marked the first of a series of planned strategic acquisitions, with the aim of doubling business revenues in the next financial year.
- By June 2018, Catalyst had expanded internationally through launching a new Jersey office and a new nearshore hub in Lithuania.
- Livingbridge’s US team, based out of their Boston office, have worked alongside Catalyst management to help develop their US acquisition strategy. The multinational team supported Catalyst to execute a merger with Sionic Advisors, a global financial services specialists with bases in eight countries around the globe, in 2019.
- The merger creates one of the world’s largest and fastest growing specialist consulting firms, with a combined revenue of over $60M and a staff base of more than 300 professionals based in a dozen locations across North America, Europe and Asia.
“Our ambition is to become Europe’s leading financial markets specialists. Working with such a respected investor as Livingbridge will enable us to build on the momentum we have already generated and accelerate our growth to establish Catalyst as the unrivalled choice for specialist financial markets consultancy.”
Andrew Middleton, CEO, Catalyst
Greg Davis founds Catalyst Development Ltd – as an active contrast with the prevailing ‘management consultancy’ behaviours
Focus moves exclusively to financial markets
Bought by ABeam
Management buy-out from ABeam
Japan presence established – continues to date
New senior team recruited
Catalyst win The Queen’s Award: International Trade
Greg Davis becomes Chair of the Board; Andrew Middleton becomes CEO
Investment from Livingbridge
Catalyst acquires investment management experts Knadel
Firm achieves outstanding results in Great Place to Work engagement survey
Named as a Top 50 Best Workplace UK
Firm opens new nearshore hub in Lithuania
Launch of Jersey office
FT names Catalyst as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultants
Expansion into new London headquarters
Merger with Sionic Advisors