Inov-8 is a global performance sportswear brand primarily focused on technical off-road running, functional fitness and minimalist road running products.
The unique design philosophy around inov-8 products keeps the foot close to the ground when performing so that athletes can feel and adapt to the terrain beneath them allowing for improved performance.
The investment by Livingbridge in 2012 was a real catalyst for the business strategically and operationally. Livingbridge’s track record and know-how in working with businesses at our stage of development have been invaluable.
- We helped inov-8 put in place the support for significant international growth. At the time of investment, founder Wayne Edy commented, “Their expertise in working with dynamic, rapidly growing young businesses will be invaluable to the management team as we scale up our operations to meet growing international customer demand.”
- From investment to point of exit, the business doubled in size, entered new markets and launched a successful clothing range.
- Livingbridge helped broaden the management team as the business scaled, introducing a chief financial officer, a chief executive officer and a new head of IT to oversee the upgrade and ongoing development of the IT platform.
- Inov-8 won numerous awards for product innovation including four ISPO awards in 2015 in performance footwear, base-layer and outer-layer categories.
- Inov-8 was sold in 2015 to Descente, a leading Japanese sportswear maker with an 80-year history of craftsmanship and technological excellence.