Lancashire based SLC provided supported living and specialist community support services for people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities as well as mental health and sensory needs – including people from within the deaf and blind communities.
Livingbridge were introduced to the opportunity of investing in The SLC Group (formerly called Paragon) when its two founders were thinking of realising their investment. We saw the opportunity to leverage our health and social care sector experience and increase the company’s geographic presence through a buy and build strategy.
Quadrupling number of service users and improving partnerships
- Together, we were able to identify, fund, co-ordinate and complete a total of five acquisitions which dramatically increased the company’s client base and geographical spread.
- We helped recruit a new finance director, chairman and non-executive director, who later went on to take the role of CEO.
- Geographical footprint extended from the original base in Lancashire, across the North West, West Midlands, Derbyshire and Yorkshire.
- The number of service users increased from c. 200 on investment to in excess of 900 at exit, with the group now able to partner with a far greater number of local authorities.
- Sold to Lifeways Community Care in 2011. Lifeways is a market leading provider of supported living for people with complex needs and the only provider offering nationwide coverage.
“In the last five years we have been able to build on the foundations of the original Paragon business and created a scalable, supported living business which now supports almost one thousand service users across the North and the Midlands. The supportive partnership that the SLC team has enjoyed with the Livingbridge team has been critical to that journey.”
Charles Eggleston, CEO
Paragon UK incorporated
Livingbridge invest in Paragon and finance director from a prior investment recruited to the executive team
Acquisition of Raglin Care Limited. Rebranded as SLC group
Acquisition of Home Life Options. CEO appointed from Livingbridge network and chairman introduced
Acquisition of Jet and Spire
Sold to Lifeways Community Care